2/26/11

Don't Go To Bed Angry

Have you ever had a really rough day? One that just seems to get worse and worse as the day moves into night? Maybe it's like a snowball effect for you; things start to pile up and by the end of the day you are steamed! I mean, you are completely ready to blow! You could take your anger out on the next person who asks you a simple question like, how are you? "HOW AM I? HOW AM I?!" And you go to bed feeling angry and annoyed.

Or maybe you're like me, and you let one thing just stick with you the entire day; you take things too personally. You can't seem to let go of that one stupid comment someone made. That morning you were cheery and bubbly, and then your friend says something that was meant to be a joke, but immediately you turn on your defensive side and your friend is left wondering what just happened. And now you are a complete treat to spend time with the rest of the day. (Heavy on the sarcasm) And you go to bed feeling angry and annoyed.

Which one are you? Whether you let things build and build until you just nearly explode or you are quick to anger and take things personally, each scenario ends in going to bed angry. Don't lie to yourself. You know at some point in your life this has happened to you. You've gone to bed angry. We all have. But the bible warns us about letting that happen.  “In your anger do not sin”: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a foothold" (Ephesians 4:26-27)

Going to bed angry opens a door to your heart for the devil to freely enter. Don't become a victim of anger. Don't let your anger turn into a sin. Learn to easily let go of things. 


However, you can turn your anger into righteous anger, and use it to fuel you to do Gods will. To speak out against the wrongs in this world. When you are made a mockery for your love of Jesus, use your anger to fuel you, tell the world of the wonderful news of Jesus Christ. Tell the world why you love Jesus! Here is an example of the righteous anger King David used:


God, I wish you would kill the wicked!
Get away from me, you murderers!
They say evil things about you.
Your enemies use your name thoughtlessly.
Lord, I hate those who hate you;
I hate those who rise up against you.
I feel only hate for them;
they are my enemies (Psalm 139:19–22, NCV)


God Bless,
Carlie 


1 comment:

  1. Great job on this post Carlie! It is so easy to get caught up in the day and let yourself go to bed thinking negatively. I finit very helpful to read before I go to bed reading something positive and up lifting. Something from the Bible or anything else that gets me on a healthy thought process before I go to bed. Keep up the good work Carlie!!

    ReplyDelete