2/25/11

A Reason To Celebrate

There are so many reasons to feel down today. The amount of chaos and heartache in this world can break my spirit. War, famine, hatred, abuse, global warming, and what the crap is going to happen on December 21st 2012? (teehee!)

If you're like me, some of these thoughts really weigh heavy on my heart, and in a vulnerable moment, can take a toll on me. And then you add in things like school, and work, and personal issues like a close friend dying, or personal mind games where the enemy makes us believe we are not skinny enough or pretty enough... Lets face it, there's a lot of stress in this world. Sometimes all I have to do is look out my window and see snow and think, what the? AGAIN!? sigh....

FRIENDS! HELLO! There is always a reason to celebrate! For instance, if you're reading this, you're most likely breathing, and if you're not, then someone needs to find you an ambulance asap. Let's stop right there; you're breathing! WOOHOO! God has blessed you with another day of a functioning body! God has given you so many reasons just in that one fact to rejoice. a) you have a beating heart. 2) your lungs are working correct. c) so are your lips, because they are now forming a smile because you noticed my a,2,c method. Look at that, you still can smile after all! :D


Take a dive into scripture today, and realize all the reasons you have to celebrate!

Philippians 4:4
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!

Psalm 13:5
But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation.

James 1:2-4
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

Its time to celebrate people... no one likes a Debby Downer! And God loves to see you smile!


Celebrate good times!
God Bless,
Carlie 


1 comment: