1/14/11

Your Own Personal Gifts

We all have special gits given to us by the Lord Most High. We all have certain talents that we are called to share with the world, the Bible tells us so! For me, I have been given the gifts and talents that will help me become a worship leader. It took me a while to get to where I am today; comfortable and confident on stage. 

About two years ago, I was petrified at the idea of singing in front of people. I would shake so bad when I would even think about auditioning for a worship band. I wanted to do it so bad, but I was just too nervous. I looked at other people in envy. I wonder why I couldn't just get over this stage fright and sing my heart out. I was afraid my voice wasn't good enough, I was worried I wasn't pretty enough... pretty much anything I could be worried about, I was. I grew annoyed at other people who we're simply comfortable in their skin. I grew angry that I couldn't have a different talent, or a different knack. I wonder why my voice wasn't as good as hers, or why my energy wasn't as high as his. 


Friends, this kind of thinking is dangerous! It comes straight from the enemy and has no place among our thoughts.These thoughts have only three purposes, to steal, to kill, and to destroy. We must realize that everyone is given certain gifts and certain talents to fulfill God's perfect will for our lives. In Romans 12:6-8, Paul tells us, "We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith;  if it is serving, then serve; if it is teaching, then teach; if it is to encourage, then give encouragement; if it is giving, then give generously; if it is to lead, do it diligently; if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully." I'm not saying you will never have worries or wonder what people think of you.That's called being human. That's not a sin to question how people are looking at you, but we must proceed with caution, it does become a sin when we allow those thoughts to get in the way of what God has planned for our lives. When we allow those thoughts to master us, that is when it becomes dangerous.  

When I was finally able to wrap my head around that fact, I realized that my gifts and talents were just as wonderful as the next persons. Even better than theirs, because they were designed for me! My talents were designed for me personally, to carry out God's will. How magnificent is that? November 2009, I was able to get up on stage and worship God- the way He made me to worship. I am now fully committed and confident in my calling as a worship leader, and with my own personal gifts that God has given me, I am able to fulfill God's will for my life.


1 comment:

  1. Way to go Carlie! These posts are so refreshing and encouraging!!

    ReplyDelete