2/24/11

You Are Precious

You are unique and original. There is no one like you. You are a beautiful creation.
These are just some of the many truths about you.

I remember being a young teenage girl, and being constantly picked on and laughed by people that didn't really know me at all. I'd be called and labeled really immature things, or things that my young teenage mind didn't quite understand yet. I remember bringing things like that to my mom and her reaction was not surprising. "What? A child said this to you? Do they even know what they're saying?" This barrage of insults went on all through middle school for me, and even through the first year of high school. I truly started to believe I was what everyone was calling me. I believed I was ugly and fat and stupid, I believed that no one would ever love me or I would end up alone no matter what I did. All because of those stupid insults. 


It was when I finally started to attend my youth group did I really begin to understand who I was. I am child of the Lord Most High. I started to listen to what God says about me, and I started to ignore what this fallen world says about me.Though its a struggle sometimes to push away those cruel words and harsh insults, I know whats true about me.

Let me save you a couple years of heartache by giving you this simple advise. God created you. Only He knows every part of you, inside and out. So when it comes down to who to listen to, God or this fallen world, go with God. 

"How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered! I can't even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand!" (Psalm 139:17–18) 

No comments:

Post a Comment